Sunday 6 December 2015

Lovely gigs

I have had a busy week this week, the usual stuff really, 6 trips to the gym (I went inside and worked out on at least 2 of them too ) 5 days at the dayjob currently training a newbie, 4 gigs, 3 games of football 2 turtle doves and Alan partridge on DVD!!

The gigs have been quite nice, none of the horrible Christmas party buffoonery I witnessed like last year when a supermarket I won't name, let's just call them Asdur, held their do at a gig I had in Leeds and took the entire front 3 rows.



In fairness we should not allow a pre planned, ticket only, non exclusive to your company, live event ruin a mundane conversation about Steve in accounts hilarious anecdote about the time he called Susan; from shipping; Sarah. 

You hilarious bastard Steve, sorry about our event requiring you to be quiet so the  other paying guests can enjoy the show.

And how rude of us not to realise Lucy from customer services hasn't seen Jennifer from the other side of customer services for 4 days, you must have so much to catch up on?? Tell us more about what happened in goggle box this week that simply can't be enjoyed silently!

I think the most rude and thoughtless thing we did holding a gig there that night was get right in the way of some necessary drinking, because a Christmas do isn't a Christmas do until you're 5 shots of sambuca in, you've some how managed to button your shirts middle button to the top hole, you've just threatened to beat the hell out of someone while wearing a jumper with a flashing Rudolph nose on it and a yellow paper hat or you've had that many copperbergs you've become convicted that they are four value for money!!

Fortunately this weeks gigs have all been lovely (while in comedy terms "lovely gig"
Usually means "I did well" I can honestly say these were just lovely gigs.... I don't know what the code is for I could have been funnier but the audience were nice)

I suspect as we creep closer to Christmas and party season gets in to full swing there may be some more lovely gigs but I know at least one night between now and next year I'll be stood talking to an audience that makes me happy no one carries around rotting fruit and veg anymore.

I hope I'm wrong, being as busy as I seem to be I'd like not ever feel it's time wasted although in fairness time is only wasted if nothing is learned, and there are always lessons to learn ( better grammar may be one I could look at)

I think I'm just going to sit back and enjoy whatever the Christmas run gives me.
J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment